Fun Winter Work!
Great Divide is looking for employees in all aspects of our winter operations. Ski area jobs begin around Thanksgiving and continue through early April. All positions require an official background check.
Benefits of employment include:
- Great Divide Season Pass for you and your family (dependent on hours worked)
- Free lift tickets to other Montana Ski Areas
- Great Equipment Deals
- Discounted Lessons
Not to mention the comradery that comes with being a part of the Great Divide Winter Family!
See position descriptions and apply below!
For additional information or questions, contact:
Call Travis or Betsy at 406-449-3746
or email them!
Operates the lifts in a safe manner providing the best possible experience for the guests.
Assists guests on and off lifts; instructs guests in the proper use of lifts.
Maintain safe load and unload areas
Assist with ticket checking, crowd control, litter control, and other duties as assigned.
Must be able to work outdoors in various winter (often extreme) weather conditions.
Previous outdoor winter work experience is helpful.
Ability to ski or snowboard is very helpful, but not necessary.
Must be able to upload and download on lifts without using skis or snowboard.
Comprehensive training program provided.
Must work weekends. Weekday shifts available as well.
Pay Range: $13 – $16/hour.
Ski & Snowboard Instructors
Ski & Snowboard Instructors
Here at Great Divide we teach nearly 8,000 lessons each season! We need a group of fun, friendly and caring people who want to share the joy of skiing and snowboarding with the community, especially children.
Candidates must be able to ski and/or snowboard at least at an intermediate level.
Good communication skills, patience, desire to work with kids and adults.
Previous teaching experience and/or PSIA/AASI certification is helpful, but not required.
New Instructors must attend and complete training program before being assigned to teach lessons for compensation.
Education and Certification programs available
Full time and Part time positions available.
Pay Range: $13 – $15/hour.
Food & Beverage Attendant
Most likely to be cross-trained in many different positions including cashier, busser, short-order cook, prep cook, and bartended
Willing to work in fast-paced, multi-tasked environment
Must have a clean, professional appearance
Experience in food service preferred but will train the right attitude
Pay Range: $10-12/hour not including tips ($16-20/hour including tips)
The Custodian position is responsible for cleaning and maintaining the lodge on a daily basis. Custodial staff must be self-motivated and capable of handling physical demands. Tasks include sweeping, mopping, vacuuming, cleaning of public restrooms, stocking bathroom paper goods, garbage removal, and any other necessary task to ensure the lodge is ready for the next day. Hours flexible based on the operating schedule of the mountain, with expectation of lodge being cleaned by 7am each day.
- Oversee and participate in daily operations of the kitchen, including food preparation, cooking, and presentation
- Manage and train kitchen staff, ensuring they follow proper food safety and sanitation procedures
- Monitor inventory levels and order supplies as needed
- Collaborate with the food & beverage manager to develop and implement cost-saving strategies
- Maintain a clean and organized kitchen environment
- Ensure compliance with health and safety regulations
- Supervise all kitchen staff, including scheduling shifts
Pro-Patrol / Dispatcher
- Respond to emergency calls.
- Administer emergency care to injured skiers and snowboarders.
- Patrol across the mountain regularly, ensuring trails are properly marked and safe.
- Identify and correct potential skiing hazards.
- Search for missing persons and equipment
- Transport skiers/snowboarders down the mountain as needed.
- Run radio dispatch as needed.
- Stop reckless skiers/snowboarders and enforce skiing safety policies.
- Answer questions and give directions to skiers/snowboarders.
- Assist with Lift Operations as needed.
- Perform start-of-day opening procedures and checks ensuring mountain is ready for daily operation.
- Perform end-of-day closing sweep operations.