We are glad you are here!
New to Great Divide? No problem! Whether this is your first time skiing or snowboarding or this is your first visit to Great Divide, we want to make sure it is the best it can be. We have compiled some tips and important information that will ensure your day is successful!
Thanks for visiting Great Divide!
BEFORE YOU ARRIVE
WHAT TO WEAR SKIING OR SNOWBOARDING
In skiing and snowboarding, there’s no such thing as bad weather, just the wrong clothes. Watch the video and follow these tips when choosing your outfit for the day.
- Opt for non-cotton base layers to wick sweat and keep you warm.
- One pair of light socks will do the trick- boots go up to about mid shin, so be sure your socks are tall enough- just below the knee is ideal.
- Add as many warm, wicking layers as you need and top it off with a wind and waterproof outer layer.
- Waterproof gloves or mittens should make the list and something on your head is a must- we recommend a well-fitting snow sports helmet.
- We recommend winter sports goggles or sunglasses as the snow is bright, even on cloudy days. A layer of sunscreen on your face is a good idea too.
Don’t worry if you forget something or aren’t sure what you need – we have a retail shop at all base lodges. And be sure to drink plenty of water and get a good night’s sleep.
WHILE YOU'RE HERE
AVOID THE LUNCH RUSH
On weekends & holidays, eat early (11 am) or late (1:30pm) to avoid the crowds!
KNOW THE SAFETY RULES
Check out our Safety page to ensure you have a fun and safe day on the mountain!